Call for Topical Sessions
The AIVC Scientific Committee seeks ideas for topical sessions organized within the Conference.
Proposals focusing on the main conference themes & topics are welcome.
Please note that:
- All proposals must be submitted by
January 9 th , 2023.| January 23rd, 2023 (Submission Closed)
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent by February 13th, 2023
- Upon acceptance, sessions’ chairs & speakers should submit the final description of proposals, their final papers and/or summaries (see General info & Table 1 below for detailed deadlines).
Table 1: Important dates for Topical Sessions’ proposals submissions
Proposal (description) Submission due January 9, 2023. | January 23, 2023 (Submission Closed)
Acceptance Confirmation due February 13, 2023 | (Completed)
Final Description Submission (for conference website upload) due March 20, 2023
Submission of Papers or extended summary due July 1, 2023
- Authors interested in the peer review of their papers should submit their abstracts and papers according to the dates indicated in Table 2 below (deadlines are strict – no extention is foreseen).
- Including Student competition
Topical Sessions’ description specifications
A first (provisional) description proposal for Topical Sessions should be submitted through the conference website by
January 9 th , 2023. January 23rd, 2023 (Submission Closed) the latest via the conference website and include the following information
- Session title: Provisional title clearly marking the topic of interest
- Session chair and co-chair: Please indicate two names (indicative)
- Session duration: Please indicate your preferred session duration (60, 75, 90 minutes)
- Provisional Description of the session based on interaction with speakers and including the objectives of the session.
- Provisional Session programme: Names of speakers and paper/summaries titles.
Upon acceptance, the full & final description for Topical Sessions should be submitted by March 20, 2023 the latest according to the template available: AIVC Conference Topical Session Description Template 2023 at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Session title: Final title clearly marking the topic of interest
- Session chair and co-chair: Please indicate two names (final)
- Session duration: Please indicate your session’s duration (60, 75, 90 minutes)
- Final Description of the session – to be included in the proceedings- based on interaction with speakers and including the objectives of the session.
- Final Session programme: Names of speakers and paper/summaries titles.
- A topical session typically has 2 to 4 presentations to allow time for discussion with the audience.
- Invited speakers do not need to send an abstract to answer the call (if they haven’t already submitted an abstract ) but should provide an extended summary or paper.
- Invited speakers should send:
- either a paper that complies with the conference template available Full Papers Template 2023, or
- a 1- or 2-page extended summary that complies with the conference Conference Summary Template TS 2023 – to be included in the proceedings
- Sessions speakers must register as regular participants, but will be acknowledged as invited speakers in the conference programme
- All other requested information including final session description (programme etc.) & summaries or full papers (outside the call for abstracts ) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full papers ( within the call for abstracts ) should be submitted on the conference website